The the purpose of the information presented below is to inform the users of the Site regarding the placement, use and administration of cookies in the context of browsing the Website.
We use the term "cookies" in order not to refer to cookies and similar technologies through which information can be collected automatically.
Cookies are used to provide Users of the site with a better browsing experience and services tailored to the needs and interests of each user, namely to:
- improve the use of site navigation, including by identifying any errors that occur during the visit / use of Internet Pages by users
- provide anonymous statistics on how the Website is used to Theodora Benedek as the owner of the Websites
- anticipate possible services / goods that will be provided / made available to users in the future through the Internet Pages, depending on the services / product access
Cookies send very important feedback to theodorabenedek.ro about how the Website is used, so that it is possible to adopt measures to make browsing the site more efficient and more accessible for use.
An "Internet Cookie" (also known as a "browser cookie" or "HTTP cookie" or simply a "cookie") is a small file consisting of letters and numbers that is stored on your computer, mobile terminal, or other equipment of a user from whom the Internet is accessed. The cookie is installed from a request issued by a web server to a browser (eg Internet Explorer, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox) and is completely "passive" (does not contain software, viruses or spyware and can not access information on the hard drive user drive).
A cookie consists of 2 parts: the name and content or value of the cookie. Moreover, the lifespan of a cookie is determined; technically, only the webserver that sent the cookie can access it again when a user returns to the website associated with that webserver.
Cookies themselves do not require personal information in order to be used and, in most cases, do not personally identify internet users. There are 2 major categories of cookies:
- Session cookies - these are temporarily stored in the cookies folder of the web browser so that it can store them until the user leaves the respective website or closes the browser window (eg when logging in / out on a webmail or social media account).
- Persistent cookies - these are stored on the hard drive of a computer or equipment (and generally depend on the default lifetime for the cookie). Persistent cookies also include those placed by a website other than the one the user is currently visiting - known as 'third party cookies' - which can be used anonymously. to memorize a user's interests so that a user-relevant experience is delivered.
Lifetime of cookies.
Cookies are administered by webservers. The lifetime of a cookie can vary significantly, depending on the purpose for which it is placed. Some cookies are used exclusively for a single session (session cookies) and are no longer retained once the user has left the website and some cookies are retained and reused each time the user returns to that website ('cookie- permanent '). However, cookies can be deleted by a user at any time via browser settings.
In addition to the cookies set by theodorabenedek.ro, certain sections of content on the Website may be provided through third parties, i.e. not by theodorabenedek.ro, in which case these cookies are called "third party cookies".
A visit to this site may place cookies for the purposes of:
- Site performance cookies
- Visitor analysis cookies
- Advertising cookies
- Performance cookies
This type of cookie retains the user's preferences on this site, so there is no need to set them each time you visit the site.
Other third party cookies.
On some pages, third parties may set their own anonymous cookies, in order to track the success of an application, or to customize an application. Due to the use of this site, this site cannot access these cookies, just as third parties cannot access the cookies held by this site. For example, when you share an article using the social media button on this site, that social network will record your activity.
The detailed list of all cookies used by theodorabenedek.ro in its own name and on behalf of third parties is:
- First-party cookies (own cookies)
- Third party cookies (cookies from third parties)
These cookies may come from the following third parties: Google Analytics, Facebook, Twitter.
Information stored and accessed through cookies.
Cookies store information in a small text file that allows a website to recognize a browser. The webserver will recognize the browser until the cookie expires or is deleted. The cookie stores important information that improves the Internet browsing experience (for example: settings for the language in which you want to access a site; keeping a user logged in, etc.).
The importance of cookies for the Internet.
Cookies are the focal point of the efficient operation of the Internet, helping to generate a friendly browsing experience tailored to the preferences and interests of each user. Declining or disabling cookies may make some sites impossible to use. Rejecting or disabling cookies does not mean that you will no longer receive online advertising - but only that it will no longer be able to take into account your preferences and interests, highlighted by your browsing behavior.
Examples of important uses of cookies (which do not require a user to authenticate through an account):
- Content and services tailored to user preferences - categories of news, weather, maps, public and government services, etc .
- Offers tailored to users' interests - password retention, language preferences
- Retention of child protection filters on Internet content (family mode options, safe search functions)
- Providing more relevant advertising for the user
- Measurement, optimization and analytics features - such as confirming a certain level of traffic to a website, what type of content is viewed and how a user gets to a website (for example: through search engines, directly, from other websites etc.). Websites conduct these analyzes of their use to improve the sites for the benefit of the users.
Security and privacy concerns.
Cookies are NOT viruses! They use plain text formats. They are not made up of pieces of code so they cannot be executed or run. As a result, they cannot be duplicated or replicated on other networks to run or replicate. Because they cannot perform these functions, they cannot be considered viruses. However, cookies may be used for negative purposes. Because it stores information about users' preferences and browsing history, both on a particular site and on several other sites, cookies can be used as a form of Spyware. Many anti-spyware products are aware of this and constantly mark cookies to be deleted during anti-virus / anti-spyware deletion / scanning procedures.
In general, browsers have integrated privacy settings that provide different levels of acceptance of cookies, validity period and automatic deletion after the user has visited a particular site.
Other security concerns related to cookies.
Because identity protection is very valuable and represents the right of every internet user, it is advisable to know what possible problems cookies can create. Because through them information is constantly transmitted in both directions between the browser and the website, if an attacker or unauthorized person intervenes during the transmission of data, the information contained in the cookie may be intercepted. Although very rare, this can happen if the browser connects to the server using an unencrypted network (eg an unsecured WiFi network).
Other cookie-based attacks involve incorrect cookie settings on servers. If a website does not require the browser to use only encrypted channels, attackers can use this vulnerability to trick browsers into sending information through unsecured channels. Attackers then use the information to gain unauthorized access to certain sites. It is very important to be careful in choosing the most appropriate method of personal information protection.
Here are some tips that can ensure that you navigate worry-free but with the help of cookies:
- Customize your browser settings for cookies to reflect a comfortable level of cookie security for you
- If you do not mind cookies and you are the only person using the computer, you can set long expiration dates for storing your browsing history and personal access data
- If you share access to your computer, you can consider setting your browser to clear individual browsing data each time you close your browser. This is a way to access sites that place cookies and to delete any visit information at the end of the browsing session
- Install and constantly update your antispyware applications
- Many of the spyware detection and prevention applications include site attack detection. This prevents the browser from accessing websites that could exploit browser vulnerabilities or download malicious software. Make sure your browser is always up to date. Many of the cookie-based attacks are exploited by exploiting the weaknesses of older versions of browsers
- Cookies are everywhere and cannot be avoided if you want to enjoy access to the best and largest sites on the Internet - local or international. With a clear understanding of how they operate and the benefits they bring, you can take the necessary security measures so that you can surf the Internet with confidence
How can I stop cookies?
Users who do not wish to use third-party cookies may use their preferred browser settings to delete or block them:
From your browser settings:
or you can use third party cookie locking browser plugins such as: AdBlock, & etc.
is a public person and operates in accordance with the provisions of the Law.
has the status of "Data Controller" within the meaning of the applicable laws on the protection of personal data.
To ensure the application of the legal provisions on the protection of personal data, has appointed a Personal Data Protection Officer, whose contact details are the following:
General policy statement on the protection of personal data.
has developed and implemented policies and procedures on compliance with the provisions imposed by Regulation no. 679/2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on free movement
of these data and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (hereinafter "the Regulation").
Applicable principles on confidentiality and protection of personal data.
- Implementation of policies and procedures having as main objective ensuring the framework of compliance with the provisions of the Regulation
- Ensuring security and confidentiality in the activities carried out
- Non-involvement in personal data trading actions
- Ensuring the policy of transparency and information on the processing of personal data
- Use of personal data exclusively for the fulfillment of the stated objectives and purposes
- Compliance with the legal provisions regarding political parties, including but not limited to the Law on Political Parties no. 14/2003
- Observance of the guaranteed rights of the data subject in accordance with the applicable legal provisions
If you wish to obtain more information on the policies and procedures applicable by in the field of confidentiality and processing of personal data, please indicate this in writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal services or assimilated, to the address: .
Terms with the following meanings are used in this procedure:
- "Personal data" means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ("data subject"); an identifiable natural person is a person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifying element, such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or one or more many specific elements, specific to his physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
- "Processing" means any operation or set of operations performed on personal data or personal data sets, with or without the use of automated means, such as the collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or modification, extracting, consulting, using, disclosing by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, aligning or combining, restricting, deleting or destroying.
- "Restriction of processing" means the marking of stored personal data in order to limit their further processing.
- "Profiling" means any form of automatic processing of personal data consisting in the use of personal data to assess certain personal aspects relating to an individual, in particular to analyze or predict aspects of performance in the workplace , economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behavior, location of the individual or his travels.
- "Operator" - , an entity that establishes the purposes and means of processing personal data; when the purposes and means of processing are established in accordance with the applicable legal provisions.
- "Consent of the data subject" - any manifestation of the free, specific, informed and unambiguous will of the data subject by which he accepts, by an unequivocal statement or action, that personal data concerning him be processed.
- "Supervising authority" - the National Authority for the Supervision of Personal Data Processing.
- “Online socialization platform” - any platform, owned or not by the Operator, through which the activity of the Operator is promoted in any way.
- "Cookies" are small text files stored on your device (computer, tablet or mobile) when you are on the Internet, including the website.
Collection of personal data.
processes personal data under:
- free, informed and express consent.
- the legitimate interest belonging to which derives from the nature of the object of activity.
may process personal data until the end of the legal retention period or the declared retention period, as the case may be, or until the moment when their erasure is requested, according to the applicable legal provisions.
For personal data for which there is no legally established retention period, states that her own retention period is 3 years.
The method of personal data collection.
We may collect or receive personal data from visitors through websites, social media platforms, forms, applications, devices. The collection and receipt of personal data can be done as follows:
- directly from you in the following situations:
- — creating an account within the owned websites.
- — filling in online forms.
- — joining 's platform.
- — contacting .
- by using cookies to understand how we interact with our website;
To find out more about how to interact with our website, please access the Cookies Policy.
- by using the personal data provided by you in the social platforms.
- for general information activities regarding the activity of . The following processing is performed for this activity:
- — transmission of information on the activities of .
- — participation in developed activities and programs.
- — transmission of personalized information based on data provided on the basis of consent.
- — identifying your location.
Types of personal data.
may collect and use the information you provide. Depending on how you interact with us, the following personal data may be processed:
- Online platform user registration - website and for membership:
- Online platform - processed personal data:
- — Name and surname.
- — Email Address.
- — ID, username and password.
- — Personal description or preferences.
- — The data you connect to on social networking sites (if you share this personal data with us).
- uses social platforms to facilitate the creation and quick access to the user account created within the online platform / website.
- You can exercise your right of opposition at any time by unsubscribing from the Newsletter.
- Transmission of generic communications (eg: newsletter / generic information):
- Online platform - processed personal data:
- — Name and surname.
- — Email Address.
- By subscribing to the Newsletter, you give us the right to process personal data in order to send you personalized information. This processing may involve the analysis of your user and customer profile for the sole purpose of providing you with a better presentation of our services and products.
- Online browsing.
- Information collected through cookies or similar technologies ("cookies" *) as part of browsing the website and / or the website of a third party.
- — Ensuring a better functioning of the website.
- — Correct display of content.
- — Creating and retaining your authentication data, customizing the interface, ensuring the security of the site against fraud or illegal use.
- — Creating statistics to know the reactions of users in the navigation report.
- Use of social platforms.
- The personal data we have access to in the situation of interaction through social platforms are mainly generated by you. The use of social platforms by is done to ensure communication, promotion and publicity about the products and services provided.
- Personal data we have access to:
- — name and surname.
- — pseudonym.
- — email address.
- — photo published as profile picture.
- — personal description or preferences.
- — the data you use to log in to social networking sites.
- — other information you have shared with us about you (by contacting us or providing your own content, such as photos or reviews).
- — direct connection with us by accessing the available chat (messenger) function.
- also makes available to interested persons the option of registration, account creation within the online platform - website through the account held / created within the social platforms. This option was created to simplify the account registration and access process.
- If you do this, please be aware that you share your profile information based on the social media platform settings used to create your account.
- To learn more about the applicable privacy and data protection policies, we recommend that you access the policies included in those platforms.
- Profiling is any form of automatic processing of personal data consisting of the use of personal data to assess certain personal aspects relating to an individual, in particular to analyze or predict aspects of performance at work, the economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behavior, location of the individual or his or her travels. The profiling action can be performed by us as a result of the collection of personal data in one or more of the ways indicated above and which can be used for legitimate actions in accordance with the stated purpose of .
Sharing and transferring personal data.
has a firm policy regarding the processing of personal data and will take all necessary measures not to carry out actions of trading personal data for marketing purposes.
The sharing of your personal data with third parties can be done mainly for the following purposes:
- prevention of possible fraud.
- meeting specific objectives in accordance with 's legitimate interest.
- carrying out activities related to IT services (maintenance and support), advertising and communication, public relations management.
- express expression of consent.
- compliance with the obligations imposed by the legal provisions in force, including by Law no. 14/2003.
- compliance with the provisions contained in judgments handed down by courts and / or other competent state entities.
The rights of the data subject.
In accordance with the provisions of Regulation 2016/679 / EU, you have the following rights as a data subject:
The right to access means that you have the right to obtain a confirmation / refusal from us that we process or not the personal data concerning you and, if so, you have the right to access those data and information on how they are processed. The provision of the requested information will in principle be made without charging a fee. In case you request copies of the information already communicated and / or in case of repeated requests has the right to charge a reasonable fee to be communicated in advance. has the right to refuse to respond in the event of excessive, repeated, unfounded requests.
The right to data portability refers to the right to receive personal data in a structured, commonly used and automatically readable format and to the right to have this data transmitted directly to another operator (controller, processor), if this is the case. it is technically feasible and reasonable. The right to data portability only applies on the basis of your express consent or when the processing is carried out by automatic means.
The right to object refers to the right to object to the processing of personal data. If there is a legal justification for the processing, which prevails over the interests and rights guaranteed or there is a public interest or the purpose is determined by the finding, exercise or defense of a right, we can continue the data processing.
The right to object to the marketing activity, including profiling, represents the right and the exclusive option to unsubscribe or give up at any time the directly transmitted marketing communications. If you wish to oppose any profiling activity, please contact us using the information below.
The right to rectification refers to the correction, without undue delay, of inaccurate or inaccurate or out-of-date personal data. The rectification will be communicated to each recipient to whom the data have been transmitted, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort.
The right to delete data ("to be forgotten") means the right to be asked to delete personal data, without undue delay, if one of the following reasons applies: they are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were have been collected or processed, the withdrawal of consent and the absence of another legal basis for processing;
The right to restrict the processing may be exercised by you if the person disputes the accuracy of the data, the data are obtained illegally or are no longer necessary for the purpose for which they were collected. The restriction for inaccuracy is made over a period that allows us to verify the correctness of the data. Data restriction means marking them and not using them in the future.
The right to lodge a complaint with a competent authority. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority:
National Authority for the Supervision of Personal Data Processing
Bulevardul General Gheorghe Magheru nr. 28-30 sector 1
Cod poștal 010336, București, România
For additional details please access the Authority's website - www.dataprotection.ro
Questions and exercise of rights.
The application can also be submitted by e-mail to the e-mail address email@example.com
will respond within 30 days of receiving the request. If there are reasonable suspicions about the person who sent the request, we can take steps to clarify and confirm that the request was submitted by the data subject. In the event that the request submitted is complex or is determined by a situation of objective impossibility to respond within the indicated term, will inform about the extension operated.
may make changes to this Policy. Any changes (revisions, additions) made to this General Policy on the Protection of Personal Data are to be published without prior notice and shall be immediately applicable.